PostgreSQL Maestro 8.10 released 10/16
SQL Maestro Group announces the release of PostgreSQL Maestro 8.10, a powerful Windows GUI solution for PostgreSQL administration and database development.
SQL Maestro Group is happy to announce the release of PostgreSQL Maestro 8.10, a powerful Windows GUI solution for PostgreSQL administration and database development.
Please consider the list of new features implemented in this version since last official release:
Server management extensions:
* The new version allows you to connect to remote PostgreSQL servers with restricted access via HTTP tunneling. The technology works as follows:
o Upload the connection PHP script to your website. The script is named pgsql_tunnel.php and can be found under the installation folder, usually C:\Program Files\SQL Maestro Group\PostgreSQL Maestro.
o Test the script in your web-browser (optionally).
o Enter the script URL in the Create Profiles Wizard, Create Database Wizard, or Edit Database Profile dialog. Of course you should select the "I have to use HTTP tunneling" option in any of these windows.
* Starting with this version it is possible to edit trigger's function body directly from Trigger Editor.
* An ability of using the COPY FROM STDIN command has been incorporated into the Import Data wizard. This feature can speed up the import process up to 10 times so it is recommended to use it always if possible. Also we have added the Empty table before importing option (can be found at the last step of the wizard).
* Data grid features the following things:
o Starting with this version it is possible to use the lookup editor for a column, which is linked by a foreign key with a (single) column from another table. The editor displays the contents of parent tableís columns within the dropdown window.
o A possibility of displaying data in the master-detail form has been incorporated into the Table Editor (multiple detail pages can be displayed for a single master row). Use the Show/Hide details link at the editorís navigation bar to activate/deactivate this view mode.
o Filtering, grouping, and sorting features become available for TEXT columns. Also it is possible to edit the contents of such columns in a separate window as well as encrypt it using the md5 algorithm.
* The Dependency tracker tool has been implemented (Main Menu | Tools | Dependency tracker). Use this tool to browse all-level dependencies of a schema object (table, view, function, etc).
* PL/pgSQL Debugger: an ability to drag and drop a variable from the source code window to the watch list has been implemented.
* Database Designer settings: the Show hints option has been added. Also it is now possible to select the default graphic file format to export diagrams as images.
* Process Browser: the statements at the Last SQL tab are now formatted if possible.
* Data Export, Data Import, and Get SQL Dump wizards now store their size and position.
* Database Explorer: the Data management group has been added to table and view nodes popup menus. Use this group items to run Data Export, Data Import, and Get SQL Dump wizards for the selected table or view without opening its editor (the Empty Table command has been moved to this group too). The Go to foreign table command is now available for all the foreign keys.
In addition to this, several bugs have been fixed and some other minor improvements and corrections have been made.