Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> MySQL Tutorials
MySQL Tutorial - Calculating the Difference between Two Time Values
(Continued from previous topic...)
How To Calculate the Difference between Two Time Values?
If you have two time values, and you want to know the time difference between them,
you can use the TIMEDIFF(time1, time2) function as shown below:
SELECT TIMEDIFF(TIME('19:26:50'), TIME('09:26:50'))
SELECT TIMEDIFF('1997-03-01 19:26:50.000123',
'1997-02-28 09:26:50.000000') FROM DUAL;
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Are Date and Time Data Types?
- How To Write Date and Time Literals?
- How To Enter Microseconds in SQL Statements?
- How To Convert Dates to Character Strings?
- How To Convert Character Strings to Dates?
- What Are Date and Time Intervals?
- How To Increment Dates by 1?
- How To Decrement Dates by 1?
- How To Calculate the Difference between Two Dates?
- How To Calculate the Difference between Two Time Values?
- How To Present a Past Time in Hours, Minutes and Seconds?
- How To Extract a Unit Value from a Date and Time?
- What Are Date and Time Functions?
- What Is TIMESTAMP Data Type?
- How Many Ways to Get the Current Time?