Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> MySQL Tutorials
MySQL Tutorial - Create a Table for Transaction Testing
(Continued from previous topic...)
How To Create a Table for Transaction Testing?
If you want to learn transaction management, you should create a table with the InnoDB storage engine.
The default storage engine MyISAM does not support the transaction concept. The tutorial exercise below
shows you a good example of creating a new table with the InnoDB storage engine:
>\mysql\bin\mysql -u dev -piyf fyi
mysql> DROP TABLE fyi_links;
mysql> CREATE TABLE fyi_links (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
url VARCHAR(16) NOT NULL,
created TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP())
ENGINE = InnoDB;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.25 sec)
mysql> SHOW CREATE TABLE fyi_links;
CREATE TABLE `fyi_links` (
`id` int(11) NOT NULL,
`url` varchar(16) NOT NULL,
`notes` varchar(16) default NULL,
`counts` int(11) default NULL,
`created` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1
1 row in set (0.05 sec)
You should keep this table for to practice other tutorial exercises presented in this collection.
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is a Transaction?
- How To Start a New Transaction?
- How To End the Current Transaction?
- How To Create a Table for Transaction Testing?
- How To Switch between Autocommit-On and Autocommit-Off Modes?
- How To Find Out the Current Transaction Mode?
- How To Start a New Transaction Explicitly?
- How To Commit the Current Transaction?
- How To Rollback the Current Transaction?
- What Happens to the Current Transaction If a START TRANSACTION Is Executed?
- What Happens to the Current Transaction If a DDL Statement Is Executed?
- What Happens to the Current Transaction If the Session Is Ended?
- What Happens to the Current Transaction If the Session Is Killed?
- How Does MySQL Handle Read Consistency?
- What Are Transaction Isolation Levels?
- How To View and Change the Current Transaction Isolation Level?
- What Is a Data Lock?
- How To Experiment Data Locks?
- How Long a Transaction Will Wait for a Data Lock?
- What Happens to Your Transactions When ERROR 1205 Occurred?
- What Is a Dead Lock?
- How To Experiment Dead Locks?
- What Happens to Your Transactions When ERROR 1213 Occurred?
- What Are Impacts on Applications from Locks, Timeouts, and DeadLocks?