Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> MySQL Tutorials
MySQL Tutorial - Error: Deadlock Found When Trying to Get Lock
(Continued from previous topic...)
What Happens to Your Transactions When ERROR 1213 Occurred?
If your transaction receives the "Deadlock found when trying to get lock" - ERROR 1213,
MySQL server automatically terminates your transaction and rolls back your data changes of the entire transaction.
This is why the error messages tells you to "try restarting transaction".
At the same time, locks owned by the terminated (rolled back) transaction will be released.
MySQL server will not touch the other transaction. But the block will be removed, since
the lock owned the terminated transaction is released. The other transaction will be able
to continue normally.
Note that MySQL server automatically detects dead locks and resolved them by rollback actions.
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is a Transaction?
- How To Start a New Transaction?
- How To End the Current Transaction?
- How To Create a Table for Transaction Testing?
- How To Switch between Autocommit-On and Autocommit-Off Modes?
- How To Find Out the Current Transaction Mode?
- How To Start a New Transaction Explicitly?
- How To Commit the Current Transaction?
- How To Rollback the Current Transaction?
- What Happens to the Current Transaction If a START TRANSACTION Is Executed?
- What Happens to the Current Transaction If a DDL Statement Is Executed?
- What Happens to the Current Transaction If the Session Is Ended?
- What Happens to the Current Transaction If the Session Is Killed?
- How Does MySQL Handle Read Consistency?
- What Are Transaction Isolation Levels?
- How To View and Change the Current Transaction Isolation Level?
- What Is a Data Lock?
- How To Experiment Data Locks?
- How Long a Transaction Will Wait for a Data Lock?
- What Happens to Your Transactions When ERROR 1205 Occurred?
- What Is a Dead Lock?
- How To Experiment Dead Locks?
- What Happens to Your Transactions When ERROR 1213 Occurred?
- What Are Impacts on Applications from Locks, Timeouts, and DeadLocks?