Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> MySQL Tutorials
MySQL Tutorial - Extract Unit Values from a Date and Time
(Continued from previous topic...)
How To Extract a Unit Value from a Date and Time?
If you want to extract a specific date or time unit value out of a date or a time,
you can use the EXTRACT(unit FROM expression) function. The tutorial exercise below
gives you some good examples:
ELECT EXTRACT(DAY FROM NOW()) FROM DUAL;
ELECT EXTRACT(HOUR FROM NOW()) FROM DUAL;
ELECT EXTRACT(SECOND FROM NOW()) FROM DUAL;
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Are Date and Time Data Types?
- How To Write Date and Time Literals?
- How To Enter Microseconds in SQL Statements?
- How To Convert Dates to Character Strings?
- How To Convert Character Strings to Dates?
- What Are Date and Time Intervals?
- How To Increment Dates by 1?
- How To Decrement Dates by 1?
- How To Calculate the Difference between Two Dates?
- How To Calculate the Difference between Two Time Values?
- How To Present a Past Time in Hours, Minutes and Seconds?
- How To Extract a Unit Value from a Date and Time?
- What Are Date and Time Functions?
- What Is TIMESTAMP Data Type?
- How Many Ways to Get the Current Time?