Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> MySQL Tutorials
MySQL Tutorial - Memory Usage of the MySQL Server
(Continued from previous topic...)
How Much Memory Does the Server Take?
If you are interested to know how much memory your MySQL server is taking,
you can use Windows Task Manager to find out. Try to following this tutorial exercise:
- Start your MySQL server.
- Press Ctrl-Alt-Del and click Task Manager. The Task Manager window shows up.
- Click the Process tab. Then click the Image Name to sort processes by name.
- Locate the "mysqld.exe" entry. See the Mem Usage column. mysqld.exe should use something
like 9,000K to 10,000K initially. But memory usage will grow as more client programs are
connecting to MySQL server.
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is the MySQL Server Daemon - mysqld?
- What Are the "mysqld" Command Line Options?
- How To Start MySQL Server Daemon mysqld?
- How To Properly Shutdown MySQL Server Daemon mysqld?
- How Much Memory Does the Server Take?
- How To Turn on Query Logs?
- How To Turn on Error Logs?
- What Is Binary Log File?
- How To Turn on Binary Logs?
- How To Use mysqlbinlog to View Binary Logs?
- How To Run MySQL Server on a Different Port?
- How To Connect to MySQL Server on a Different Port?