Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> MySQL Tutorials
MySQL Tutorial - What Is a User Account
(Continued from previous topic...)
What Is a User Account?
A user account is identified by a user name and defines the user's attributes,
including the following:
- Password for connection authentication.
- User privileges, for examples: Shutdown_priv, Create_priv, Drop_priv, Insert_priv,
Update_priv, Delete_priv, etc..
- Various limits, for example: max_questions, max_updates, max_connections, etc..
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is a User Account?
- What Are the Predefined User Accounts?
- How To Add a New User Account?
- How To Test a New User Account and Password?
- How To Change the Password for Your Own User Account?
- How To Change the Password of Another User Account?
- How To Delete a User Account?
- How To List All Existing User Accounts?
- How To Rename an Existing User Account Name?
- What Are User Privileges?
- How Many Scope Levels Can User Privileges Apply?
- How To Grant User Privileges at the Global Level?
- How To Grant User Privileges at the Database Level?
- How To View User Privileges?
- How To Revoke User Privileges?
- How To Give a User Read-Only Access to a Database?
- Where Are User Privileges Stored on the Server?