Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> MySQL Tutorials
MySQL Tutorials - Managing User Accounts and Access Privileges
A collection of 17 FAQs on MySQL user accounts and access privileges. Clear answers are provided with tutorial exercises on creating and deleting user accounts; setting and changing passwords; giving and removing user privileges; showing granted privileges and levels.
Topics included in this collection are:
- What Is a User Account?
- What Are the Predefined User Accounts?
- How To Add a New User Account?
- How To Test a New User Account and Password?
- How To Change the Password for Your Own User Account?
- How To Change the Password of Another User Account?
- How To Delete a User Account?
- How To List All Existing User Accounts?
- How To Rename an Existing User Account Name?
- What Are User Privileges?
- How Many Scope Levels Can User Privileges Apply?
- How To Grant User Privileges at the Global Level?
- How To Grant User Privileges at the Database Level?
- How To View User Privileges?
- How To Revoke User Privileges?
- How To Give a User Read-Only Access to a Database?
- Where Are User Privileges Stored on the Server?
Please note that all answers and tutorials are based on MySQL 5.0. Sometimes
you may need to run previous tutorials in order to continue a later tutorial.
(Continued on next topic...)