Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> MySQL Tutorials
MySQL Tutorials - PHP Connections and Query Execution
A collection of 18 FAQs on connecting MySQL server with PHP scritps. Clear explanations and tutorial exercises are provided on MySQL server connection; providing port number, user account and password; selecting or creating database; running SQL statements; checking execution errors.
Topics included in this collections:
- How To Install PHP on Windows?
- How To Verify Your PHP Installation?
- What Do You Need to Connect PHP to MySQL?
- How To Turn on mysql Extension on the PHP Engine?
- How To Connect to a MySQL Server with Default Port Number?
- How To Connect to a MySQL Server with a Port Number?
- How To Connect to MySQL Server with User Accounts?
- How To Access MySQL Servers through Firewalls?
- How To Get Some Basic Information Back from MySQL Servers?
- How To Close MySQL Connection Objects?
- How To Get a List of Databases from MySQL Servers?
- How To Create a New Database?
- What Happens If You Do Not Have Privileges to Create Database?
- How To Get MySQL Statement Execution Errors?
- How To Drop an Existing Database?
- How To Select an Exiting Database?
- Can You Select Someone Else Database?
- How To Execute a SQL Statement?
Please note that all answers and tutorials are based on MySQL 5.0 and PHP 5.0.
Sometimes you may need to run previous tutorials in order to continue a later tutorial.
Continue with the next FAQ collection on how to manage tables and selecting data rows with PHP scripts.
(Continued on next topic...)