Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> MySQL Tutorials
MySQL Tutorials - Managing Tables and Running Queries with PHP Scripts
A collection of 18 tips on managing tables and data rows with PHP scripts. Clear explanations and tutorial exercises are provided on creating and dropping tables; inserting, updating, and deleting rows, selecting and looping through data rows by pages; setting auto-increment IDs.
Topics included in this collections:
- How To Create a New Table?
- How To Get the Number of Rows Selected or Affected by a SQL Statement?
- How To Insert Data into an Existing Table?
- How To Fix the INSERT Command Denied Error?
- How To Insert Multiple Rows with a SELECT Statement?
- What Is a Result Set Object?
- How To Query Tables and Loop through the Returning Rows?
- How To Break Query Output into Pages?
- How To Update Existing Rows in a Table?
- How To Delete Existing Rows in a Table?
- How To Quote Text Values in SQL Statements?
- How To Quote Date and Time Values in SQL Statements?
- How To Display a Past Time in Days, Hours and Minutes?
- How To Perform Key Word Search in Tables?
- How To Build WHERE Criteria with Web Form Search Fields?
- How To Query Multiple Tables Jointly?
- How To Define the ID Column as Auto-Incremented?
- How To Get the Last ID Assigned by MySQL?
Please note that all answers and tutorials are based on MySQL 5.0 and PHP 5.0.
Sometimes you may need to run previous tutorials in order to continue a later tutorial.
For questions on connecting to MySQL server with PHP scripts, see the previous FAQ collection.
(Continued on next topic...)