Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> MySQL Tutorials
MySQL Tutorials - Administrator Tools for Managing MySQL Server
A collection of 16 FAQs on MySQL administration tools. Clear answers are provided with tutorial exercises on server daemon; administrator and end user interfaces; checking and repairing tables; dumping and importing tables.
Topics included in this collection are:
- What Tools Available for Managing MySQL Server?
- What Is "mysqld"?
- What Is "mysqladmin"?
- How To Check Server Status with "mysqladmin"?
- How To Shut Down the Server with "mysqladmin"?
- What Is "mysql"?
- How To Use "mysql" to Run SQL Statements?
- How To Show All Tables with "mysql"?
- What Is "mysqlcheck"?
- How To Analyze Tables with "mysqlcheck"?
- What Is "mysqlshow"?
- How To Show Table Names with "mysqlshow"?
- What Is "mysqldump"?
- How To Dump a Table to a File with "mysqldump"?
- What Is "mysqlimport"?
- How To Load Data Files into Tables with "mysqlimport"?
Please note that all answers and tutorials are based on MySQL 5.0.
(Continued on next topic...)