Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> MySQL Tutorials
MySQL Tutorials - Server Daemon mysqld Administration
A collection of 12 FAQs on MySQL server mysqld administration. Clear answers are provided with tutorial exercises on starting and shuting down the server; turning on server log files; viewing binary log files; running server on different port numbers.
Topics included in this collection are:
- What Is the MySQL Server Daemon - mysqld?
- What Are the "mysqld" Command Line Options?
- How To Start MySQL Server Daemon mysqld?
- How To Properly Shutdown MySQL Server Daemon mysqld?
- How Much Memory Does the Server Take?
- How To Turn on Query Logs?
- How To Turn on Error Logs?
- What Is Binary Log File?
- How To Turn on Binary Logs?
- How To Use mysqlbinlog to View Binary Logs?
- How To Run MySQL Server on a Different Port?
- How To Connect to MySQL Server on a Different Port?
Please note that all answers and tutorials are based on MySQL 5.0.
(Continued on next topic...)