Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> Oracle Tutorials
Oracle Tutorials - Create a New Table
(Continued from previous topic...)
How To Create a New Table?
If you want to create a new table in your own schema,
you can log into the server with your account, and use the CREATE TABLE
statement. The following script shows you how to create a table:
SQL> connect HR/fyicenter
SQL> CREATE TABLE tip (id NUMBER(5) PRIMARY KEY,
2 subject VARCHAR(80) NOT NULL,
3 description VARCHAR(256) NOT NULL,
4 create_date DATE DEFAULT (sysdate));
This scripts creates a testing table called "tip" with 4 columns
in the schema associated with the log in account "HR".
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Are DDL Statements?
- How To Create a New Table?
- How To Create a New Table by Selecting Rows from Another Table?
- How To Add a New Column to an Existing Table?
- How To Delete a Column in an Existing Table?
- How To Drop an Existing Table?
- How To Create a Table Index?
- How To Rename an Index?
- How To Drop an Existing Index?
- How To Create a New View?
- How To Drop an Existing View?