Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> Oracle Tutorials
Oracle Tutorials - Data Pump Import Utility
(Continued from previous topic...)
What Is the Data Pump Import Utility?
Oracle Data Pump Import utility is a standalone programs that allows you to
import data objects from an Oracle dump file set into Oracle database.
Oracle dump file set is written in a proprietary binary format by the
Data Pump Export utility.
Import can also be used to load a target database directly from a source database
with no intervening dump files. This allows export and import operations to run
concurrently, minimizing total elapsed time. This is known as a network import.
Data Pump Import enables you to specify whether a job should move a subset of
the data and metadata from the dump file set or the source database (in the case of a
network import), as determined by the import mode. This is done using data filters
and metadata filters, which are implemented through Import commands.
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is the Simplest Tool to Run Commands on Oracle Servers?
- What Is the Quickest Way to Export a Table to a Flat File?
- How To Export Data with a Field Delimiter?
- What Is SQL*Loader?
- What Is a SQL*Loader Control File?
- How To Load Data with SQL*Loader?
- What Is an External Table?
- How To Load Data through External Tables?
- What Are the Restrictions on External Table Columns?
- What Is a Directory Object?
- How To Define an External Table in a Text File?
- How To Run Queries on External Tables?
- How To Load Data from External Tables to Regular Tables?
- What Is the Data Pump Export Utility?
- What Is the Data Pump Import Utility?
- How To Invoke the Data Pump Export Utility?
- How To Invoke the Data Pump Import Utility?
- What Are Data Pump Export and Import Modes?
- How To Estimate Disk Space Needed for an Export Job?
- How To Do a Full Database Export?
- Where Is the Export Dump File Located?
- How To Export Your Own Schema?
- How To Export Several Tables Together?
- What Happens If the Imported Table Already Exists?
- How To Import One Table Back from a Dump File?
- What Are the Original Export and Import Utilities?
- How To Invoke Original Export/Import Utilities?