Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> Oracle Tutorials
Oracle Tutorials - Disk Space Needed for an Export Job
(Continued from previous topic...)
How To Estimate Disk Space Needed for an Export Job?
If you just want to know how much disk space for the dump without actually exporting any data,
you can use the ESTIMATE_ONLY=y parameter on the expdp command. The following tutorial exercise shows you how a system
user wants to see the disk space estimates on a full database export:
>expdp SYSTEM/fyicenter FULL=y ESTIMATE_ONLY=y
Starting "SYSTEM"."SYS_EXPORT_FULL_01": SYSTEM/**** FULL=y
Estimate in progress using BLOCKS method...
Processing object DATABASE_EXPORT/SCHEMA/TABLE/TABLE_DATA
. estimated "FLOWS_020100"."WWV_FLOW_PAGE_PLUGS" 42 MB
. estimated "FLOWS_020100"."WWV_FLOW_STEP_ITEMS" 27 MB
. estimated "FLOWS_020100"."WWV_FLOW_STEP_PROCESSING" 16 MB
. estimated "SYSTEM"."SQLPLUS_PRODUCT_PROFILE" 0 KB
. estimated "TSMSYS"."SRS$" 0 KB
Total estimation using BLOCKS method: 169.8 MB
Job "SYSTEM"."SYS_EXPORT_FULL_01" successfully completed
Now you know that you need 170 MB disk space to export the entire data
Oracle also records the screen output in a log file called export.log
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is the Simplest Tool to Run Commands on Oracle Servers?
- What Is the Quickest Way to Export a Table to a Flat File?
- How To Export Data with a Field Delimiter?
- What Is SQL*Loader?
- What Is a SQL*Loader Control File?
- How To Load Data with SQL*Loader?
- What Is an External Table?
- How To Load Data through External Tables?
- What Are the Restrictions on External Table Columns?
- What Is a Directory Object?
- How To Define an External Table in a Text File?
- How To Run Queries on External Tables?
- How To Load Data from External Tables to Regular Tables?
- What Is the Data Pump Export Utility?
- What Is the Data Pump Import Utility?
- How To Invoke the Data Pump Export Utility?
- How To Invoke the Data Pump Import Utility?
- What Are Data Pump Export and Import Modes?
- How To Estimate Disk Space Needed for an Export Job?
- How To Do a Full Database Export?
- Where Is the Export Dump File Located?
- How To Export Your Own Schema?
- How To Export Several Tables Together?
- What Happens If the Imported Table Already Exists?
- How To Import One Table Back from a Dump File?
- What Are the Original Export and Import Utilities?
- How To Invoke Original Export/Import Utilities?