Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> Oracle Tutorials
Oracle Tutorials - Error: Cannot Drop Index on Primary Key
(Continued from previous topic...)
Can You Drop an Index Associated with a Unique or Primary Key Constraint?
You can not delete the index associated with a unique or primary key constraint.
If you try, you will get an error like this:
ORA-02429: cannot drop index used for enforcement of unique/primary key.
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is an Index?
- How To Run SQL Statements through the Web Interface?
- How To Create a Table Index?
- How To List All Indexes in Your Schema?
- What Is an Index Associated with a Constraint?
- How To Rename an Index?
- How To Drop an Index?
- Can You Drop an Index Associated with a Unique or Primary Key Constraint?
- What Happens to Indexes If You Drop a Table?
- How To Recover a Dropped Index?
- What Happens to the Indexes If a Table Is Recovered?
- How To Rebuild an Index?
- How To See the Table Columns Used in an Index?
- How To Create a Single Index for Multiple Columns?