Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> Oracle Tutorials
Oracle Tutorials - Export Data with Field Delimiters
(Continued from previous topic...)
How To Export Data with a Field Delimiter?
The previous exercise allows you to export data with fixed field lengths.
If you want export data with variable field lengths and field delimiters,
you can concatenate your fields with an expression in the SELECT clause
as shown in the tutorial exercise bellow:
SQL> SET HEADING OFF;
SQL> SET FEEDBACK OFF;
SQL> SET LINESIZE 1000;
SQL> SPOOL \oraclexe\test\fyi_links.txt;
SQL> SELECT id ||','|| url ||','|| notes ||','|| counts
||','|| created FROM fyi_links;
SQL> SPOOL OFF;
You should see all records in fyi_links.txt with ',' delimited fields as shown here:
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is the Simplest Tool to Run Commands on Oracle Servers?
- What Is the Quickest Way to Export a Table to a Flat File?
- How To Export Data with a Field Delimiter?
- What Is SQL*Loader?
- What Is a SQL*Loader Control File?
- How To Load Data with SQL*Loader?
- What Is an External Table?
- How To Load Data through External Tables?
- What Are the Restrictions on External Table Columns?
- What Is a Directory Object?
- How To Define an External Table in a Text File?
- How To Run Queries on External Tables?
- How To Load Data from External Tables to Regular Tables?
- What Is the Data Pump Export Utility?
- What Is the Data Pump Import Utility?
- How To Invoke the Data Pump Export Utility?
- How To Invoke the Data Pump Import Utility?
- What Are Data Pump Export and Import Modes?
- How To Estimate Disk Space Needed for an Export Job?
- How To Do a Full Database Export?
- Where Is the Export Dump File Located?
- How To Export Your Own Schema?
- How To Export Several Tables Together?
- What Happens If the Imported Table Already Exists?
- How To Import One Table Back from a Dump File?
- What Are the Original Export and Import Utilities?
- How To Invoke Original Export/Import Utilities?