Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> Oracle Tutorials
Oracle Tutorials - Name Query Output Columns
(Continued from previous topic...)
How To Name Query Output Columns?
Each column in the query output has a default name. If you don't like
the default name, you can specify a new name for any column in the query output
by using the AS clause. The following statement shows you a good example:
SQL> SELECT department_id AS ID, MIN(salary) AS Low,
2 MAX(salary) AS High, AVG(salary) AS Average
3 FROM employees GROUP BY department_id
4 HAVING AVG(salary) < 5000;
ID LOW HIGH AVERAGE
---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
30 2500 11000 4150
50 2100 8200 3475.55556
10 4400 4400 4400
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is a SELECT Query Statement?
- How To Select All Columns of All Rows from a Table?
- How To Select Some Columns from a Table?
- How To Select Some Rows from a Table?
- How To Sort the Query Output?
- Can the Query Output Be Sorted by Multiple Columns?
- How To Sort Query Output in Descending Order?
- How To Use SELECT Statement to Count the Number of Rows?
- Can SELECT Statements Be Used on Views?
- How To Filter Out Duplications in Returning Rows?
- What Are Group Functions?
- How To Use Group Functions in the SELECT Clause?
- Can Group Functions Be Mixed with Non-group Selection Fields?
- How To Divide Query Output into Groups?
- How To Apply Filtering Criteria at Group Level?
- How To Count Duplicated Values in a Column?
- Can Multiple Columns Be Used in GROUP BY?
- Can Group Functions Be Used in the ORDER BY Clause?
- How To Join Two Tables in a Single Query?
- How To Write a Query with an Inner Join?
- How To Define and Use Table Alias Names?
- How To Write a Query with a Left Outer Join?
- How To Write a Query with a Right Outer Join?
- How To Write a Query with a Full Outer Join?
- How To Write an Inner Join with the WHERE Clause?
- How To Write a Left Outer Join with the WHERE Clause?
- How To Name Query Output Columns?
- What Is a Subquery?
- How To Use Subqueries with the IN Operator?
- How To Use Subqueries with the EXISTS Operator?
- How To Use Subqueries in the FROM Clause?
- How To Count Groups Returned with the GROUP BY Clause?
- How To Return Top 5 Rows?