Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> Oracle Tutorials
Oracle Tutorials - Arithmetic Operations in Pl/SQL
(Continued from previous topic...)
What Are the Arithmetic Operations?
There are 4 basic arithmetic operations on numeric values as
shown in the following sample script:
PROCEDURE proc_arithmetic AS
addition := 7 + 8;
subtraction := addition - 7;
multiplication := subtraction * 5;
division := multiplication / 8;
-- division should contain 5 now
(Continued on next topic...)
- Is PL/SQL Language Case Sensitive?
- How To Enter Comments in PL/SQL?
- What Are the Types of PL/SQL Code Blocks?
- What Is an Anonymous Block?
- What Is a Named Program Unit?
- What Is a Procedure?
- What Is a Function?
- How To Declare a Local Variable?
- How To Initialize Variables with Default Values?
- How To Assign Values to Variables?
- What Are the Arithmetic Operations?
- What Are the Numeric Comparison Operations?
- What Are the Logical Operations?
- How Many Categories of Data Types?
- How Many Scalar Data Types Are Supported in PL/SQL?
- How To Convert Character Types to Numeric Types?
- What Are the Execution Control Statements?
- How To Use "IF" Statements on Multiple Conditions?
- How To Use "WHILE" Loop Statements?
- How To Use "FOR" Loop Statements?
- What Is NULL in PL/SQL?
- How To Test NULL Values?