Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> Oracle Tutorials
Oracle Tutorials - Run Stored Procedures in Debug Mode
(Continued from previous topic...)
How To Run Stored Procedures in Debug Mode?
If have an existing stored procedure and you want to debug it interactively,
you can use the debug feature provided in SQL Developer.
The following exercise shows you how to start the debug mode:
- Open you connection name, like Local_XE.
- Open Procedures.
- Right-click the procedure name: HELLO.
- Select Debug. The Debug PL/SQL window shows up. SQL Developer creates a simple anonymous
code block for you to run the stored procedure.
- Click OK.
You may get the following errors. Read the next tutorial on how to fix the errors.
Connecting to the database Local_XE.
Executing PL/SQL: ALTER SESSION SET PLSQL_DEBUG=TRUE
Executing PL/SQL: CALL DBMS_DEBUG_JDWP.CONNECT_TCP(...)
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_DEBUG_JDWP", line 68
ORA-06512: at line 1
This session requires DEBUG CONNECT SESSION and DEBUG ANY
PROCEDURE user privileges.
Disconnecting from the database Local_XE.
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is Oracle SQL Developer?
- What Operating Systems Are Supported by Oracle SQL Developer?
- How To Download Oracle SQL Developer?
- How To Install Oracle SQL Developer?
- How To Start Oracle SQL Developer?
- Is Oracel SQL Developer written in Java?
- How To Connect to a Local Oracle 10g XE Server?
- How To Connect to a Remote Server?
- How To Run SQL Statements with Oracle SQL Developer?
- How To Export Your Connection Information to a File?
- How To Run SQL*Plus Commands in SQL Developer?
- How To Work with Data Objects Interactively?
- How To Get a CREATE Statement for an Existing Table?
- How To Create a Table Interactively?
- How To Enter a New Row into a Table Interactively?
- What Is the Reports View in Oracle SQL Developer?
- How To Get a List of All Tables in the Database?
- How To Get a List of All User Accounts in the Database?
- How To Get a List of All Background Sessions in the Database?
- How To Create Your Own Reports in SQL Developer?
- How Many File Formats Are Supported to Export Data?
- How To Export Data to a CSV File?
- How To Export Data to an XML File?
- How To Create a Procedure Interactively?
- How To Run a Stored Procedure Interactively?
- How To Run Stored Procedures in Debug Mode?
- How To Assign Debug Privileges to a User?
- How To Set Up Breakpoints in Debug Mode?
- What Do You Think about Oracle SQL Developer?