Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> Oracle Tutorials
Oracle Tutorials - Unlock the Sample User Account
(Continued from previous topic...)
How To Unlock the Sample User Account?
Your 10g XE server comes with a sample database user account called HR.
But this account is locked. You must unlock it before you can use it:
- Log into the server home page as SYSTEM.
- Click the Administration icon, and then click Database Users.
- Click the HR schema icon to display the user information for HR.
- Enter a new password (hr) for HR, and change the status to Unlocked.
- Click Alter User to save the changes.
Now user account HR is ready to use.
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is Oracle Database 10g Express Edition?
- What Are the Limitations of Oracle Database 10g XE?
- What Operating Systems Are Supported by Oracle Database 10g XE?
- How To Download Oracle Database 10g XE?
- How To Install Oracle Database 10g XE?
- How To Check Your Oracle Database 10g XE Installation?
- How To Shutdown Your 10g XE Server?
- How To Start Your 10g XE Server?
- How Much Memory Your 10g XE Server Is Using?
- How To Start Your 10g XE Server from Command Line?
- How To Shutdown Your 10g XE Server from Command Line?
- How To Unlock the Sample User Account?
- How To Change System Global Area (SGA)?
- How To Change Program Global Area (PGA)?
- What Happens If You Set the SGA Too Low?
- What To Do If the StartDB.bat Failed to Start the XE Instance?
- How To Login to the Server without an Instance?
- How To Use "startup" Command to Start Default Instance?
- Where Are the Settings Stored for Each Instance?
- What To Do If the Binary SPFile Is Wrong for the Default Instance?
- How To Check the Server Version?