Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> Oracle Tutorials
Oracle Tutorials - Use of SELECT Statements in Views
(Continued from previous topic...)
Can SELECT Statements Be Used on Views?
Select (query) statements can used on views in the same way as tables.
The following tutorial exercise helps you creating a view and running
a query statement on the view:
SQL> CREATE VIEW managed_dept AS
SELECT * FROM departments WHERE manager_id IS NOT NULL;
SQL> SELECT * FROM managed_dept WHERE location_id = 1700;
DEPARTMENT_ID DEPARTMENT_NAME MANAGER_ID LOCATION_ID
------------- -------------------- ---------- -----------
10 Administration 200 1700
30 Purchasing 114 1700
90 Executive 100 1700
100 Finance 108 1700
110 Accounting 205 1700
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is a SELECT Query Statement?
- How To Select All Columns of All Rows from a Table?
- How To Select Some Columns from a Table?
- How To Select Some Rows from a Table?
- How To Sort the Query Output?
- Can the Query Output Be Sorted by Multiple Columns?
- How To Sort Query Output in Descending Order?
- How To Use SELECT Statement to Count the Number of Rows?
- Can SELECT Statements Be Used on Views?
- How To Filter Out Duplications in Returning Rows?
- What Are Group Functions?
- How To Use Group Functions in the SELECT Clause?
- Can Group Functions Be Mixed with Non-group Selection Fields?
- How To Divide Query Output into Groups?
- How To Apply Filtering Criteria at Group Level?
- How To Count Duplicated Values in a Column?
- Can Multiple Columns Be Used in GROUP BY?
- Can Group Functions Be Used in the ORDER BY Clause?
- How To Join Two Tables in a Single Query?
- How To Write a Query with an Inner Join?
- How To Define and Use Table Alias Names?
- How To Write a Query with a Left Outer Join?
- How To Write a Query with a Right Outer Join?
- How To Write a Query with a Full Outer Join?
- How To Write an Inner Join with the WHERE Clause?
- How To Write a Left Outer Join with the WHERE Clause?
- How To Name Query Output Columns?
- What Is a Subquery?
- How To Use Subqueries with the IN Operator?
- How To Use Subqueries with the EXISTS Operator?
- How To Use Subqueries in the FROM Clause?
- How To Count Groups Returned with the GROUP BY Clause?
- How To Return Top 5 Rows?