Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> Oracle Tutorials
Oracle Tutorials - Creating New Database Instance Manually
This is a collection of 15 FAQs for Oracle DBA on creating Oracle database instances manually using CREATE DATABASE statement. Items in this FAQ collection are organized together to form a complete tutorial guide on creating a new database instance manually.
Topics included in this FAQ are:
- How To Create an Oracle Database?
- How To Create an Oracle Database Manually?
- How To Select an Oracle System ID (SID)?
- How To Establish Administrator Authentication to the Server?
- How To Create an Initialization Parameter File?
- How To Connect the Oracle Server as SYSDBA?
- How To Create a Server Parameter File?
- How To Start an Oracle Instance?
- How To Start a Specific Oracle Instance?
- How To Start Instance with a Minimal Initialization Parameter File?
- How To Run CREATE DATABASE Statement?
- How To Do Clean Up If CREATE DATABASE Failed?
- How To Run CREATE DATABASE Statement Again?
- How To Create Additional Tablespaces for an New Database?
- How To Build Data Dictionary View of an New Database?
Sample scripts presented in this FAQ are based Oracle 10g Express Edition (XE) for Windows. The script in Step 7 failed due some unknown reason.
But it might work on Oracle 10g Standard Edition.
(Continued on next topic...)