Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> Oracle Tutorials
Oracle Tutorials - Introduction to PL/SQL
A collection of 17 FAQs to introduce PL/SQL language for DBA and developers. This FAQ can also be used as learning tutorials on creating procedures, executing procedures, using local variables, controlling execution flows, passing parameters and defining nested procedures.
Topics included in this FAQ are:
- What Is PL/SQL?
- What Are the Types PL/SQL Code Blocks?
- How To Define an Anonymous Block?
- How Many Anonymous Blocks Can Be Defined?
- How To Run the Anonymous Block Again?
- What Is a Stored Program Unit?
- How To Create a Stored Program Unit?
- How To Execute a Stored Program Unit?
- How Many Data Types Are Supported?
- What Are the Execution Flow Control Statements?
- How To Use SQL Statements in PL/SQL?
- How To Process Query Result in PL/SQL?
- How To Create an Array in PL/SQL?
- How To Manage Transaction Isolation Level?
- How To Pass Parameters to Procedures?
- How To Define a Procedure inside Another Procedure?
- What Do You Think about PL/SQL?
Sample scripts used in this FAQ assumes that you are connected to the server with the HR user account
on the default database instance XE. See other FAQ collections on how to connect to the server.
(Continued on next topic...)