Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> Oracle Tutorials
Oracle Tutorials - Managing Oracle Table Indexes
This is a collection of 14 FAQs for Oracle DBA on creating indexes and managing indexes. The clear answers and sample scripts provided can be used as learning tutorials or interview preparation guides.
Topics included in this FAQ are:
- What Is an Index?
- How To Run SQL Statements through the Web Interface?
- How To Create a Table Index?
- How To List All Indexes in Your Schema?
- What Is an Index Associated with a Constraint?
- How To Rename an Index?
- How To Drop an Index?
- Can You Drop an Index Associated with a Unique or Primary Key Constraint?
- What Happens to Indexes If You Drop a Table?
- How To Recover a Dropped Index?
- What Happens to the Indexes If a Table Is Recovered?
- How To Rebuild an Index?
- How To See the Table Columns Used in an Index?
- How To Create a Single Index for Multiple Columns?
Sample scripts used in this FAQ collection assumes that you are connected to the server with the default user account HR
on the default instance XE. All scripts were executed through the Oracle Web interface. See other FAQ collections on how to connect to the server.
It is also assumed that user account HR has the CREATE ANY INDEX privilege needed to manage indexes.
(Continued on next topic...)