Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> Oracle Tutorials
Oracle Tutorials - Managing Oracle Tablespaces and Data Files
A collection of 19 FAQs on creating and managing tablespaces and data files. Clear answers are provided with tutorial exercises on creating and dropping tablespaces; listing available tablespaces; creating and dropping data files; setting tablespaces and data files offline; removing corrupted data files.
Topics included in this FAQ are:
- What Is an Oracle Tablespace?
- What Is an Oracle Data File?
- How a Tablespace Is Related to Data Files?
- How a Database Is Related to Tablespaces?
- How To View Tablespaces in the Current Database?
- What Are the Predefined Tablespaces in a Database?
- How To View Data Files in the Current Database?
- How To Create a New Oracle Data File?
- How To Create a New Tablespace?
- How To Rename a Tablespace?
- How To Drop a Tablespace?
- What Happens to Data Files If a Tablespace Is Dropped?
- How To Create a Table in a Specific Tablespace?
- How To See Free Space of Each Tablespace?
- How To Bring a Tablespace Offline?
- How To Bring a Tablespace Online?
- How To Add Another Datafile to a Tablespace?
- What Happens If You Lost a Data File?
- How Remove Data Files before Opening a Database?
Sample scripts used in this FAQ assumes that you are connected to the server with the SYSTEM user account
on the default database instance XE. See other FAQ collections on how to connect to the server.
(Continued on next topic...)