Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> Oracle Tutorials
Oracle Tutorials - Understanding PL/SQL Language Basics
A collection of 22 FAQs on PL/SQL language basics or DBA and developers. It can also be used as learning tutorials on defining variables, assigning values, using "loop" statements, setting "if" conditions, and working with null values.
Topics included in this FAQ are:
- Is PL/SQL Language Case Sensitive?
- How To Enter Comments in PL/SQL?
- What Are the Types of PL/SQL Code Blocks?
- What Is an Anonymous Block?
- What Is a Named Program Unit?
- What Is a Procedure?
- What Is a Function?
- How To Declare a Local Variable?
- How To Initialize Variables with Default Values?
- How To Assign Values to Variables?
- What Are the Arithmetic Operations?
- What Are the Numeric Comparison Operations?
- What Are the Logical Operations?
- How Many Categories of Data Types?
- How Many Scalar Data Types Are Supported in PL/SQL?
- How To Convert Character Types to Numeric Types?
- What Are the Execution Control Statements?
- How To Use "IF" Statements on Multiple Conditions?
- How To Use "WHILE" Loop Statements?
- How To Use "FOR" Loop Statements?
- What Is NULL in PL/SQL?
- How To Test NULL Values?
Sample scripts used in this FAQ assumes that you are connected to the server with the HR user account
on the default database instance XE. Most of the sample scripts in this FAQ collection are written
in anonymous block format. It is also assumed that you know how to create and run anonymous blocks
with SQL*Plus or SQL Developer.
(Continued on next topic...)