Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> Oracle Tutorials
Oracle Tutorials - Understanding SQL Basics
A collection of 28 FAQs on Oracle SQL language basics. Clear answers are provided with tutorial exercises on data types, data literals, date and time values, data and time intervals, converting to dates and times, NULL values, pattern matches.
Topics included in this FAQ are:
- What Is SQL Standard?
- How Many Categories of Data Types?
- What Are the Oracle Built-in Data Types?
- What Are the Differences between CHAR and NCHAR?
- What Are the Differences between CHAR and VARCHAR2?
- What Are the Differences between NUMBER and BINARY_FLOAT?
- What Are the Differences between DATE and TIMESTAMP?
- What Are the Differences between INTERVAL YEAR TO MONTH and INTERVAL DAY TO SECOND?
- What Are the Differences between BLOB and CLOB?
- What Are the ANSI Data Types Supported in Oracle?
- How To Write Text Literals?
- How To Write Numeric Literals?
- How To Write Date and Time Literals?
- How To Write Date and Time Interval Literals?
- How To Convert Numbers to Character Strings?
- How To Convert Characters to Numbers?
- How To Convert Dates to Characters?
- How To Convert Character Strings to Dates?
- How To Convert Times to Character Strings?
- How To Convert Character Strings to Times?
- What Is NULL Value?
- How To Use NULL as Conditions?
- How To Concatenate Two Text Values?
- How To Increment Dates by 1?
- How To Calculate Date and Time Differences?
- How To Use IN Conditions?
- How To Use LIKE Conditions?
- How To Use Regular Expression in Pattern Match Conditions?
Sample scripts used in this FAQ can be executed with SQL*Plus to any Oracle database server.
(Continued on next topic...)