Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> Oracle Tutorials
Oracle Tutorials - Understanding SQL DDL Statements
A collection of 11 FAQs on Oracle SQL DDL statements. Clear answers are provided with tutorial exercises on creating, altering and dropping tables, indexes, and views.
Topics included in this FAQ are:
- What Are DDL Statements?
- How To Create a New Table?
- How To Create a New Table by Selecting Rows from Another Table?
- How To Add a New Column to an Existing Table?
- How To Delete a Column in an Existing Table?
- How To Drop an Existing Table?
- How To Create a Table Index?
- How To Rename an Index?
- How To Drop an Existing Index?
- How To Create a New View?
- How To Drop an Existing View?
Sample scripts used in this FAQ assumes that you are connected to the server with the HR user account
on the default database instance XE. See other FAQ collections on how to connect to the server.
(Continued on next topic...)