Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> Oracle Tutorials
Oracle Tutorials - Understanding SQL DML Statements
A collection of 15 FAQs on Oracle SQL DML statements. Clear answers are provided with tutorial exercises on inserting, updating and deleting rows from database tables.
Topics included in this FAQ are:
- What Are DML Statements?
- How To Create a Testing Table?
- How To Set Up SQL*Plus Output Format?
- How To Insert a New Row into a Table?
- How To Specify Default Values in INSERT Statement?
- How To Omit Columns with Default Values in INSERT Statement?
- How To Insert Multiple Rows with One INSERT Statement?
- How To Update Values in a Table?
- How To Update Values on Multiple Rows?
- How To Use Existing Values in UPDATE Statements?
- How To Use Values from Other Tables in UPDATE Statements?
- What Happens If the UPDATE Subquery Returns Multiple Rows?
- How To Delete an Existing Row from a Table?
- How To Delete Multiple Rows from a Table?
- How To Delete All Rows from a Table?
Sample scripts used in this FAQ assumes that you are connected to the server with the HR user account
on the default database instance XE. See other FAQ collections on how to connect to the server.
Some sample scripts requires database tables created by other samples in the beginning of the collection.
(Continued on next topic...)