Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server FAQ - AdventureWorksLT - Downloading and Installing the Sample Database
(Continued from previous topic...)
How to download and install the scaled-down database AdventureWorksLT?
If you want to practice you DBA skills with the scaled-down version of the sample database
AdventureWorksLT provided by Microsoft, you should follow this
tutorial to download and install it first:
1. Go to the
SQL Server 2005 Samples and Sample Databases download page.
2. Go to the x86 section in the Instructions section,
Click "AdventureWorksLT.msi -- 2,251 KB" to download the sample file.
Save the download file to c:\temp.
3. Double click on the downloaded file: c:\temp\AdventureWorksLT.msi.
The installation setup window shows up. Follow the instructions to finish the installation.
When the installation is done, two physical database files are installed
in the data directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data:
AdventureWorksLT_Data.mdf 5,120 KB
AdventureWorksLT_Log.ldf 2,048 KB
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Samples and Sample Databases Are Provided by Microsoft?
- How to download and install SQL Server 2005 Sample Scripts?
- How to download and install the scaled-down database AdventureWorksLT?
- How to attach AdventureWorksLT physical files to the server?
- How AdventureWorksLT tables are related?
- How to add an address record into AdventureWorksLT?