Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server FAQs - Creating and Managing Databases and Physical Files
A collection of 16 FAQs on creating and managing databases on SQL Server 2005. Clear answers are provided with tutorial exercises on creating, renaming, and deleting databases; setting current database; bringing databases offline and online; reviewing, moving and copy database physical files.
Topics included in this collection are:
- What is a database?
- What is the simplest way to create a new database?
- How to set the current database?
- How to delete a database?
- Why I am getting this error when dropping a database?
- How to get a list all databases on the SQL server?
- Where is my database stored on the hard disk?
- How to create database with physical files specified?
- How to rename databases?
- Why I am getting this error when renaming a database?
- What are database states?
- How to set a database state to OFFLINE?
- How to move database physical files?
- How to set database to be READ_ONLY?
- How to set database to be SINGLE_USER?
- What are system databases?
To follow tutorials in this collection, you should connect to SQL server
as the system administrator "sa" and run Transact-SQL statements presented in each tutorial.
(Continued on next topic...)