Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server FAQ - DML (Data Manipulation Language_Statements
(Continued from previous topic...)
What Are DML (Data Manipulation Language) Statements?
DML (Data Manipulation Language) statements are statements to change data values
in database tables. The are 3 primary DML statements:
- INSERT - Inserting new rows into database tables. For example
"INSERT INTO fyi_links VALUES (101, 'dev.fyicenter.com', NULL, 0, '2006-04-30')"
inserts a single new row in the fyi_links table.
- UPDATE - Updating existing rows in database tables .
- DELETE - Deleting existing rows from database tables.
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Are DML (Data Manipulation Language) Statements?
- How To Create a Testing Table with Test Data?
- How To Insert a New Row into a Table with "INSERT INTO" Statements?
- How To Use Column Default Values in INSERT Statements?
- How to provide column names in INSERT Statements?
- What Happens If You Insert a Duplicate Key for the Primary Key Column?
- How To Insert Multiple Rows with One INSERT Statement?
- How To Update Values in a Table with UPDATE Statements?
- How To Update Multiple Rows with One UPDATE Statement?
- How to use old values to define new values in UPDATE statements?
- Is the Order of Columns in the SET Clause Important?
- How To Use Values from Other Tables in UPDATE Statements?
- What Happens If the UPDATE Subquery Returns No Rows?
- What Happens If the UPDATE Subquery Returns Multiple Rows?
- How To Delete an Existing Row with DELETE Statements?
- How To Delete Multiple Rows with One DELETE Statement?
- How To Delete All Rows with DELETE Statements?
- How To Delete All Rows with TRUNCATE TABLE Statement?