Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server FAQ - "DROP DATABASE" - Deleting Databases
(Continued from previous topic...)
How to delete a database?
If you created a database incorrectly, or you have a database that
is not needed any more, you can delete it with the "DROP DATABASE" statement
with this syntax:
DROP DATABASE database_name
For example, execute this statement:
DROP DATABASE FyiCenterData
The database "FyiCenterData" created in the previous tutorial
should be deleted from the SQL server.
Warning, if you delete a database, all tables and their data in that
database will be deleted.
(Continued on next topic...)
- What is a database?
- What is the simplest way to create a new database?
- How to set the current database?
- How to delete a database?
- Why I am getting this error when dropping a database?
- How to get a list all databases on the SQL server?
- Where is my database stored on the hard disk?
- How to create database with physical files specified?
- How to rename databases?
- Why I am getting this error when renaming a database?
- What are database states?
- How to set a database state to OFFLINE?
- How to move database physical files?
- How to set database to be READ_ONLY?
- How to set database to be SINGLE_USER?
- What are system databases?