Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server FAQ - Generating CREATE VIEW Scripts on Existing Views
(Continued from previous topic...)
How To Generate CREATE VIEW Script on an Existing View?
If you want to know how an existing view was created, you can use
SQL Server Management Studio to automatically generate a "CREATE VIEW" script
The following tutorial shows you how to do this:
1. Run SQL Server Management Studio and connect to SQL server.
2. On the Object Explorer window, follow the object tree: Databases
> FyiCenterData > Views > dbo.fyi_links_top.
3. Click right mouse button on dbo.fyi_links_top. The context menu shows up.
4. Select "Script Table as" > "CREATE to" > "New Query Editor Window".
The following script will be displayed:
/****** Object: View [dbo].[fyi_links_top]
Script Date: 05/19/2007 15:07:27 ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
CREATE VIEW [dbo].[fyi_links_top] AS
SELECT id, counts, url FROM fyi_links
WHERE counts > 100;
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Are Views?
- How To Create a View on an Existing Table?
- How To See Existing Views?
- How To Drop Existing Views from a Database?
- How To Get a List of Columns in a View using "sys.columns"?
- How To Get a List of Columns in a View using the "sp_columns" Stored Procedure?
- How To Get a List of Columns in a View using the "sp_help" Stored Procedure?
- How To Generate CREATE VIEW Script on an Existing View?
- How To Get the Definition of a View Out of the SQL Server?
- Can You Create a View with Data from Multiple Tables?
- Can You Create a View using Data from Another View?
- What Happens If You Delete a Table That Is Used by a View?
- Can You Use ORDER BY When Defining a View?
- How To Modify the Underlying Query of an Existing View?
- Can You Insert Data into a View?
- Can You Update Data in a View?
- Can You Delete Data from a View?
- How To Assign New Column Names in a View?
- How Column Data Types Are Determined in a View?
- How To Bind a View to the Schema of the Underlying Tables?
- How To Create an Index on a View?