Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server Tutorials - Getting Started with Transact-SQL Statements
A collection of 10 tutorials for you to get started quickly with running Transact-SQL statements on SQL Server 2005. Clear examples are provided for running CREATE TABLE, INSERT, UPDATE, DELTE, SELECT, CREATE USER, GRANT EXECUTE statements.
Topics included in this collection are:
- How to use Transact-SQL statements to access the database engine?
- How to create new databases with "CREATE DATABASE" statements?
- How to create new table with "CREATE TABLE" statements?
- How to insert and update data into a table with "INSERT" and "UPDATE" statements?
- How to read data in a table with "SELECT" statements?
- How to create a login to access the database engine using "CREATE LOGIN" statements?
- How to create a user to access a database using "CREATE USER" statements?
- How to create a view and a stored procedure using "CREATE VIEW/PROCEDURE" statements?
- How to grant a permission using "GRANT EXECUTE" statements?
- How to delete database objects with "DROP" statements?
Please note that all tutorials included here are provided by SQL Server 2005 Books Online.
(Continued on next topic...)