Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server FAQ - Installing SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
(Continued from previous topic...)
How to install SQL Server 2005 Express Edition?
Once you have downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express Edition,
you should follow this tutorial to install it on your system:
1. Double click SQLEXPR.EXE. The setup window shows up.
2. Click Next to let the setup program to unpack all files from the downloaded file.
3. When unpack is down, the setup program will check all required programs on your system.
4. Then the setup program will start the installation process.
5. On the Authentication Mode window, click the radio button for Mixed Mode
(Windows Authentication and SQL Server Authentication).
And enter "FYIcenter" in the "Specify the sa logon password below:" fields.
6. Continue to finish the installation process.
7. When installation is done, you will see a new program menu entry as:
Start > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 > Configuration Tools.
(Continued on next topic...)
- What is Microsoft SQL Server?
- How to download Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition?
- What are the requirements to install SQL Server 2005 Express Edition?
- Why I am getting "The Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 in not installed" message?
- How to download and install Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0?
- What is mscorsvw.exe - Process - Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN?
- How to install SQL Server 2005 Express Edition?
- How do you know if SQL Server is running on your local system?
- What is sqlservr.exe - Process - SQL Server (SQLEX?PRESS)
- How to download and install Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express?
- How to connect SQL Server Management Studio Express to SQL Server 2005 Express?
- How to run Queries with SQL Server Management Studio Express?
- How to download and install SQL Server 2005 Books Online?
- How to run SQL Server 2005 Books Online on your local system?