Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server FAQ - Renaming Database Names
(Continued from previous topic...)
How to rename databases?
If don't like the name of a database, you can change it by using the
"ALTER DATABASE" statement with the following syntax:
ALTER DATABASE database_name
MODIFY NAME = new_database_name
The tutorial example below shows you how change the database name
from "FyiCenterData" to "FyiCenterComData":
ALTER DATABASE FyiCenterData
MODIFY NAME = FyiCenterComData
The database name 'FyiCenterComData' has been set.
(Continued on next topic...)
- What is a database?
- What is the simplest way to create a new database?
- How to set the current database?
- How to delete a database?
- Why I am getting this error when dropping a database?
- How to get a list all databases on the SQL server?
- Where is my database stored on the hard disk?
- How to create database with physical files specified?
- How to rename databases?
- Why I am getting this error when renaming a database?
- What are database states?
- How to set a database state to OFFLINE?
- How to move database physical files?
- How to set database to be READ_ONLY?
- How to set database to be SINGLE_USER?
- What are system databases?