Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server FAQ - Simplest Way To Create New Databases
(Continued from previous topic...)
What is the simplest way to create a new database?
The simplest way to create a new database is to use the "CREATE DATABASE"
statement with this syntax:
CREATE DATABASE database_name
For example, run this statement:
CREATE DATABASE FyiCenterData
A new database called "FyiCenterData" should be created in the SQL server.
Of course, FyiCenterData should be empty at this moment - no tables.
But it should have some other data objects automatically created by the server.
(Continued on next topic...)
- What is a database?
- What is the simplest way to create a new database?
- How to set the current database?
- How to delete a database?
- Why I am getting this error when dropping a database?
- How to get a list all databases on the SQL server?
- Where is my database stored on the hard disk?
- How to create database with physical files specified?
- How to rename databases?
- Why I am getting this error when renaming a database?
- What are database states?
- How to set a database state to OFFLINE?
- How to move database physical files?
- How to set database to be READ_ONLY?
- How to set database to be SINGLE_USER?
- What are system databases?