Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server FAQ - "USE" - Setting the Current Database
(Continued from previous topic...)
How to set the current database?
Once you are connected to the SQL Server, you should select a database
to work with and set it as the current database using the "USE" statement
with this syntax:
The following tutorial example shows you how to set "FyiCenterData"
as the current database, and create a table in "FyiCenterData":
Changed database context to 'FyiCenterData'.
CREATE TABLE Links (Name NVARCHAR(32))
SELECT name, type_desc, create_date FROM sys.tables
name type_desc create_date
Links USER_TABLE 2007-05-19 23:05:43.700
(Continued on next topic...)
- What is a database?
- What is the simplest way to create a new database?
- How to set the current database?
- How to delete a database?
- Why I am getting this error when dropping a database?
- How to get a list all databases on the SQL server?
- Where is my database stored on the hard disk?
- How to create database with physical files specified?
- How to rename databases?
- Why I am getting this error when renaming a database?
- What are database states?
- How to set a database state to OFFLINE?
- How to move database physical files?
- How to set database to be READ_ONLY?
- How to set database to be SINGLE_USER?
- What are system databases?