Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server FAQ - What Is a Database
(Continued from previous topic...)
What is a database?
A database is a logical container that contains a set of related database
- Tables - Storages of structured data.
- Views - Queries to present data from tables.
- Indexes - Sorting indexes to speed up searches.
- Stored Procedures - Predefined SQL program units.
- Users - Identifications used for data access control.
- Other objects.
(Continued on next topic...)
- What is a database?
- What is the simplest way to create a new database?
- How to set the current database?
- How to delete a database?
- Why I am getting this error when dropping a database?
- How to get a list all databases on the SQL server?
- Where is my database stored on the hard disk?
- How to create database with physical files specified?
- How to rename databases?
- Why I am getting this error when renaming a database?
- What are database states?
- How to set a database state to OFFLINE?
- How to move database physical files?
- How to set database to be READ_ONLY?
- How to set database to be SINGLE_USER?
- What are system databases?