Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server FAQ - "CREATE FUNCTION" - Creating User Defined Functions
(Continued from previous topic...)
How To Create a Simple User Defined Function?
If you want to create a simple user defined function,
you can use the "CREATE FUNCTION" command with a statement block
in a simple format as shown in below:
CREATE FUNCTION function_name()
The following tutorial exercise shows you how to create a simple user defined function:
CREATE FUNCTION Welcome()
RETURN 'Welcome to FYIcenter.com';
Welcome to FYIcenter.com
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Are User Defined Functions?
- What Are the Differences between User Defined Functions and Stored Procedures?
- How To Create a Simple User Defined Function?
- How To Use User Defined Functions in Expressions?
- How To List All User Defined Functions in the Current Database?
- How To Drop an Existing User Defined Function?
- How To Generate CREATE FUNCTION Script on an Existing Function?
- How To Get the Definition of a User Defined Function Back?
- How To Modify an Existing User Defined Function?
- How To Create User Defined Functions with Parameters?
- How To Provide Values to User Defined Function Parameters?
- Can You Pass Expressions to Function Parameters?
- How To Provide Default Values to Function Parameters?
- How Many Categories of Functions based Their Return Modes?
- How Many Ways to Create Table-Valued Functions?
- How To Create an Inline Table-Valued Function?
- How To Create an Multi-Statement Table-Valued Function?