Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server FAQ - "CREATE SCHEMA" - Creating a New Schema in a Database
(Continued from previous topic...)
How To Create a New Schema in a Database?
If you want to create a new schema in an existing database,
you can use the "CREATE SCHEMA" statement as shown in the tutorial example below:
CREATE SCHEMA fyi;
Command(s) completed successfully.
A new schema called "fyi" has been created in "FyiCenterData" database.
"fyi" is an empty schema at this moment since no objects has been moved into "fyi" yet.
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is a Schema in SQL Server 2005?
- How To Create a New Schema in a Database?
- How To List All Schemas in a Database?
- How To Create a New Table in a Given Schema?
- How To Transfer an Existing Table from One Schema to Another Schema?
- How To List All Objects in a Given Schema?
- What Is the Default Schema of Your Login Session?
- Who Is the Owner of a Schema?
- How To Change the Ownership of a Schema?
- What Happens If You Are Trying to Access a Schema Not Owned by You?
- How To Drop an Existing Schema?