Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server FAQ - Configuring and Testing ODBC DSN Settings
(Continued from previous topic...)
How To Configure and Test ODBC DSN Settings?
Continue from the previous tutorial. Click Next after you have finished changing
the port number. The ODBC Data Source Administrator will try to connect to the SQL server
through the specified port number and login information.
If the connection is successful, you will see the next screen asking for selecting
1. Check "Change the default database to:" check box,
and select "FyiCenterData" as the default database for this DSN setting.
See picture bellow:
2. Click Next to see the last screen of the "Create a New Data Source to SQL Server" wizard.
3. Change nothing on the last screen and click Finish button. The confirmation screen shows up.
4. Click "Test Data Source..." button. You should see the test result as:
Verifying option settings
Disconnecting from server
TESTS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY!
Your FYI_SQL_SERVER ODBC DSN is ready to use.
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is Open Database Communication (ODBC)?
- How To Add a New DSN with the ODBC Driver for SQL Server?
- How To Define the Name and Server for a new DSN?
- How To Provide Login Information for a New ODBC DSN?
- Why Are You Getting Errors When Creating a New ODBC DSN?
- What Are the Requirements on SQL Server Network Connections?
- How To Start SQL Server Browser Service?
- How To Enable TCP/IP Protocol on a SQL Server?
- How To Verify the Port Number of the SQL Server?
- How To Configure ODBC DSN with Different Port Numbers?
- How To Configure and Test ODBC DSN Settings?
- How To Connect MS Access to SQL Servers through ODBC?
- How Can Windows Applications Connect to SQL Servers via ODBC?