Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server FAQs - Creating and Managing Schemas
A collection of 11 FAQs on SQL Server on creating and managing schemas. Clear answers are provided with tutorial exercises on listing all schemas and all objects in a schema; transferring tables from one schema to another schema; changing ownership of a schema.
Topics included in this FAQ are:
- What Is a Schema in SQL Server 2005?
- How To Create a New Schema in a Database?
- How To List All Schemas in a Database?
- How To Create a New Table in a Given Schema?
- How To Transfer an Existing Table from One Schema to Another Schema?
- How To List All Objects in a Given Schema?
- What Is the Default Schema of Your Login Session?
- Who Is the Owner of a Schema?
- How To Change the Ownership of a Schema?
- What Happens If You Are Trying to Access a Schema Not Owned by You?
- How To Drop an Existing Schema?
Please note that all answers and tutorials are based on MS SQL Server 2005.
To follow tutorials in this collection, you should connect to SQL server
as a regular user who has enough permissions to run simple Transact-SQL statements.
To follow tutorial exercises in this collection, you need to use test tables created
from previous tutorial collections.
(Continued on next topic...)