Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server FAQ - Generating CREATE PROCEDURE Scripts on Existing Stored Procedures
(Continued from previous topic...)
How To Generate CREATE PROCEDURE Script on an Existing Stored Procedure?
If you want to know how an existing stored procedure was created, you can use
SQL Server Management Studio to automatically generate a "CREATE PROCEDURE" script
The following tutorial shows you how to do this:
1. Run SQL Server Management Studio and connect to SQL server.
2. On the Object Explorer window, follow the object tree: Databases
> FyiCenterData > Programmability > Stored Procedures > dbo.ShowFaq.
3. Click right mouse button on dbo.ShowFaq. The context menu shows up.
4. Select "Script Stored Procedure as" > "CREATE to" > "New Query Editor Window".
The following script will be displayed:
/****** Object: StoredProcedure [dbo].[ShowFaq]
Script Date: 05/19/2007 21:31:35 ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[ShowFaq] AS BEGIN
PRINT 'Number of questions:';
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Faq;
PRINT 'First 5 questions:'
SELECT TOP 5 * FROM Faq;
CREATE TABLE Faq (Question VARCHAR(80));
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Are Stored Procedures?
- How To Create a Simple Stored Procedure?
- How To Execute a Stored Procedure?
- How To List All Stored Procedures in the Current Database?
- How To Drop an Existing Stored Procedure?
- How To Create a Stored Procedure with a Statement Block?
- How To End a Stored Procedure Properly?
- How To Generate CREATE PROCEDURE Script on an Existing Stored Procedure?
- How To Get the Definition of a Stored Procedure Back?
- How To Modify an Existing Stored Procedure?
- How To Create Stored Procedures with Parameters?
- How To Provide Values to Stored Procedure Parameters?
- What Are the Advantages of Passing Name-Value Pairs as Parameters?
- Can You Pass Expressions to Stored Procedure Parameters?
- How To Provide Default Values to Stored Procedure Parameters?
- How To Define Output Parameters in Stored Procedures?
- How To Receive Output Values from Stored Procedures?
- How To Create a Local Temporary Stored Procedure?
- Can Another User Execute Your Local Temporary Stored Procedures?