Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server FAQ - Missing ntwdblib.dll for MSSQL connection
(Continued from previous topic...)
What Happens If ntwdblib.dll Is Missing on Your Machine?
In order to install the proper version of ntwdblib.dll on your machine,
you need to find out how many copies of ntwdblib.dll do you have on your machine
and what are the version numbers on those copies.
1. Go to Start > Search > All files and folders. Enter ntwdblib.dll in the "All or part of the file name:"
field and click Search. You should see only one copy:
Check the properties of this copy, you will see its version is 2000.2.8.0.
2. Rename C:\php\ntwdblib.dll to C:\php\ntwdblib.dll-old.
Run this script:
You see this error message dialog box and an error in the command window:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'./ext\php_mssql.dll' - The specified module could not be
in Unknown on line 0
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mssql_connect()
in C:\test\fyi-center.php on line 2
This proves that there is only one copy of ntwdblib.dll on your machine.
Read the next tutorial to see how to download the correct version of ntwdblib.dll for SQL Server 2005.
(Continued on next topic...)
- How To Download and Install PHP on Windows?
- How To Check Your PHP Installation?
- What Do You Need to Connect PHP to SQL Server?
- How to Turn on the MSSQL API Module?
- What Is Wrong with SQL Server Client Libarary DLL, ntwdblib.dll?
- What Happens If ntwdblib.dll Is Missing on Your Machine?
- Where to Find ntwdblib.dll Version 2000.80.194.0?
- How To Connect with Different Port Numbers?
- What Are Commonly Used MSSQL Functions in PHP?
- How To Disconnect from a SQL Server using mssql_close()?
- How To Select an Exiting Database using mssql_select_db()?
- How To Execute a SQL Statement using mssql_query()?
- How To Retrieve Error Messages using mssql_get_last_message()?
- How To Turn Off Warning Messages during PHP Execution?
- How To Receive Returning Result from a Query?
- How To Loop through Result Set Objects using mssql_fetch_array()?
- How To Retrieve Field Values using mssql_result()?
- How To List All Field Names in the Result Set using mssql_field_name()?