Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server FAQs - PHP MSSQL Functions - Connections and Query Execution
A collection of 18 FAQs on connecting to MS SQL Server with PHP scripts. Clear explanations and tutorial exercises are provided on SQL Server connection; providing port number; selecting database; running SQL statements; checking execution errors; looping through query result; looping through result fields.
Topics included in this collections:
- How To Download and Install PHP on Windows?
- How To Check Your PHP Installation?
- What Do You Need to Connect PHP to SQL Server?
- How to Turn on the MSSQL API Module?
- What Is Wrong with SQL Server Client Libarary DLL, ntwdblib.dll?
- What Happens If ntwdblib.dll Is Missing on Your Machine?
- Where to Find ntwdblib.dll Version 2000.80.194.0?
- How To Connect with Different Port Numbers?
- What Are Commonly Used MSSQL Functions in PHP?
- How To Disconnect from a SQL Server using mssql_close()?
- How To Select an Exiting Database using mssql_select_db()?
- How To Execute a SQL Statement using mssql_query()?
- How To Retrieve Error Messages using mssql_get_last_message()?
- How To Turn Off Warning Messages during PHP Execution?
- How To Receive Returning Result from a Query?
- How To Loop through Result Set Objects using mssql_fetch_array()?
- How To Retrieve Field Values using mssql_result()?
- How To List All Field Names in the Result Set using mssql_field_name()?
Please note that all answers and tutorials are based on SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
and PHP 5 on Windows XP.
Sometimes you may need to run previous tutorials in order to continue a later tutorial.
Continue with the next FAQ collection on how to manage tables and selecting data rows with PHP scripts.
(Continued on next topic...)