Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> SQL Server FAQ
SQL Server FAQ - Providing Login Information for a New ODBC DSN
(Continued from previous topic...)
How To Provide Login Information for a New ODBC DSN?
Continue from the previous tutorial. After clicking Next on the first screen of
the "Create a New Data Source to SQL Server" wizard, you should see the second screen
asking you to select SQL Server login type, login name and password.
Select the radio button on "With SQL Server authentication using a login ID and password
entered by the user. Also enter in Login ID field: "sa" and in Password field: "FYIcenter".
See the picture below:
Remeber that "sa" is the system administrator login name, you probably should
use a less privileged login name here. "FYIcenter" must be the correct password
defined in the SQL Server for "sa" login name.
Click Next and continue with the next tutorial to finish up creating a new DSN.
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is Open Database Communication (ODBC)?
- How To Add a New DSN with the ODBC Driver for SQL Server?
- How To Define the Name and Server for a new DSN?
- How To Provide Login Information for a New ODBC DSN?
- Why Are You Getting Errors When Creating a New ODBC DSN?
- What Are the Requirements on SQL Server Network Connections?
- How To Start SQL Server Browser Service?
- How To Enable TCP/IP Protocol on a SQL Server?
- How To Verify the Port Number of the SQL Server?
- How To Configure ODBC DSN with Different Port Numbers?
- How To Configure and Test ODBC DSN Settings?
- How To Connect MS Access to SQL Servers through ODBC?
- How Can Windows Applications Connect to SQL Servers via ODBC?