To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Senior PostgreSQL DBA
What The Position Requires:
• Meet regularly with Business Analysts to propose technical solutions to new business requirements and issues reported.
• Develop stored procedures, user-defined functions, and reports using MS SQL Server and Reporting Services.
• Maintain MS SQL Server databases in the development and test environments
• Resolve server and SQL job alerts for test environments and production 2nd and 3rd level support.
• Assist with creating and maintaining documentation standards.
• Tune and optimize database performance
• Perform problem determination (root cause analysis), and document the source and proposed resolution.
• Perform architectural reviews and code reviews.
• Mentor new or junior team members.
What You Will Need to Do The Job:
• College degree in computer related field preferred
• 7+ years of Microsoft SQL Server development, specifically SQL Server 2005, and demonstrated understanding of the full SDLC
• Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and best practices
• Experience designing and programming complex stored procedures, views, data aggregation/manipulation through table joins/queries
• Experienced and skilled in analyzing database performance factors, monitoring tools and tuning procedures
• Experience designing and implementing large-scale database solutions that are reliable, scalable, and perform at a high level.
• Strong ability to analyze user requirements into technical solutions according to specifications
• 5+ years of experience with SSRS; specifically, demonstrated ability with SSRS2005
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio Team System is a PLUS
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate issues
• Effective verbal and written communication
• Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work extended hours when needed
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center